Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm a 'prognosticator'

Had to look the word up, as I initially thought I was being insulted. But Dictionary.com reassures me: Prog*nos"ti*ca`tor\, n. One who prognosticates; a foreknower or foreteller of a future course or event by present signs. Cool!!

What's this all about? Well, your faithful correspondent got a shout-out in the Minneapolis Star Tribune yesterday:


By DICK YOUNGBLOOD, Star Tribune
Last update: March 4, 2009 - 8:54 PM


Iconoculture Inc., a Minneapolis company that tracks cultural and consumer trends for a blue-chip client list, has been out front on a broad array of forecasts ranging from the $40 billion market for upscale pet toys to baby boomer nostalgia that morphed into a growing taste for "retro" products.
One of the more memorable forecasts, however, was delivered in fall 2007 at a conference of clients and Iconoculture staff.
Citing consumer debt, trade deficits and growing evidence of a subprime mortgage meltdown, among an array of economic threats that apparently escaped the notice of the White House, Iconoculture financial prognosticator Chris Keating issued a chilling prediction:
"We're going down."


While it's always nice to get press, I should mention two things, in the interest of complete accuracy and full disclosure:
  1. I never actually said "we're going down" (tho that was for sure the gist of it)
  2. I no longer work for Iconoculture

Nonetheless, I thank Mr Youngblood, and hope he's keeping up with things on this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment